It’s been fun to share my experiences and insights into the world of India travel. But I am, of course, only one man and it’s hard for one person to try to capture what’s going on with a country of a billion people. Therefore, this week, I am officially launching IndiaTravelInsights.org, a companion site to PassingThroughIndia.com. The new site features interviews with leading experts from around the world regarding the state of India travel and tourism.
Experts in the first series of IndiaTravelInsights.org include:
- Sheldon Santwan – associate publisher and editor of Express Hospitality and Express TravelWorld, two of India’s leading travel industry magazines.
- Robert Arnett – author of India Unveiled, winner of three national book awards, and a nationally recognized speaker.
Arjun Nadkarni – owner of the research and review site, CruisingIndia.com, as well as IndiaMike.com, a leading online resource for travelers to and through India.
- Colin Todhunter – British writer based in India who writes for some of India’s largest newspapers and also the author of Chasing Rainbows in Chennai.
- Paul John – head of venture capital firm, Bloomingdale Investment Co., and chairman of Kumarakom Lake Resort in Kerala.
- Sunil Sharma – editor of Mood Indico, a publication for South Asians living in North America.
- Tim Leffel – author of The World’s Cheapest Destinations and Make Your Travel Dollars Worth a Fortune and editor of PerceptiveTravel.com.
Topics covered by the panel range from the rise of India’s middle class to India’s spiritual allure for travelers to the role of Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) in shaping the country’s tourism economy. The series of concise Q&A interviews is available free online at www.IndiaTravelInsights.org.